donating plasma while nursing?

i have an appointment to donate plasma today and i really want to do this but i have a 11 month old that i nurse maybe 2 times during the night and i was wondering if i should be ok doing this? i am starting to wean and i think i might just tell them i just stopped nursing.. do you think this will hurt me? i can give him a bottle tonight just to make sure. what do you think?

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 3:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• Are you doing it to make money? I would just be upfront and if they rather you didn't while you are nursing then just wait.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have no idea if it would hurt or not, but I would be honest because it might be a big deal. Only they would know...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My understanding is that you can not donate plasma if you've been pregnant because of a protein that is in your blood, but I could be wrong.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2010