Christians...a question.

Do you believe that there are no surprises in God's timing? What may seem like a crisis to us, is just a plan that was made by him a very long time ago and when things are ready...everything will fall into place...do you believe this?

Someone told me this the other day and it's really helping me get through a very hard time!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that God knows what we can handle and when we can handle it. I also believe that he knows what will make us stronger at different points in our lives. Although we grow through the struggles in our lives, he will never give us "too much". When we feel like we are reaching our max, we need to turn to Him for support.

Great advise from your friend.
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I heard a sermon on God's timing 8wks ago, and yes I do believe in it. It helped me, a lot! God's timing is perfect.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes, I do believe that.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm sure we've all heard many times the saying about there being calm before a storm, well, when you investigate that a little more, you'll notice that after the storm has passed the plants grow and flowers bloom. I believe that the same thing happens after we go through a time of pain and turmoil, many blessings are then poured out on us. So, the storm is actually a good thing because of what's to come. God knows everything and there is a time for everything under heaven.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Its like that with anything.... when there is a forest fire ... it destroys before it restores... God is the same way He allows us to grow in that desert and when we come out ... WOW what a glorious sight it is! His timing is perfect even if we do not understand what He is doing , the plan is much bigger than we can ever imagine. I believe everything is a has a purpose! It is so awesome!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes, God had everything planned from before the beginning of time.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• EVERYTHING IS IN ACCORDANCE TO GODS PERFECT PLAN ....AS FAR AS JESUS COMING BACK ONLY GOD IN HEAVEN KNOWS THAT ....
    sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't think there is a god who plots what terrible event he is going to heap on your head this week. I think that life is hard and is full of lessons that are both good and bad, and that we can learn something from everything that happens to us. If it were true that god never gives us more than we can handle (I really loathe this pathetic platitude!!!!!!!!!), then there wouldn't be suicides. You survive tribulations because humans are innately strong and resilient creatures. You really aren't the little girl needing her big sky-daddy to help her through things, but as long as you think you are, you will need to believe that your deity has bailed you out of trouble. And if that helps, go for it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010