Smoking while pregnant?

I am on my second pregnancy and I am having a very hard time not smoking. I went from smoking two packs a day to NOTHING. I have much more stress in my life right now then when I was prgnant with my first child. Today is my sixth day of not smoking but I feel like I am going to loose MY MIND!!!! How dangerous is it to have like one or two drags here and there.....PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• chew some gum, suck on a hard candy, clean the house.....you can do it!!!!!!!!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it so you don't revert back to bad habits.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I just read an article that said that it takes 7-10 days for the nicotine to get out of your system. After it completely leaves your body, it will take another 7-10 days for your body to begin to stop craving the nicotine. But most people always have the craving to smoke. Give it time, hang in there. You're quitting for a wonderful reason!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hang in there! You have 6 days behind you and if you take even a puff you lose all 6 days and start over. Do you really want to repeat how tough it was for days 1-6 all over again? The longer you stay quit the easier it will get, each day you are one day further from that habit and one day closer to a healthy baby. You know it isn't ok to even smoke a little, and you know that one puff turns into one cigarette, turns into half a pack. Someone told me this when I was quitting and it is so true: One is too many and a thousand is not enough. Try other things to relieve stress- exercise, breathing, a bath or cup of tea. Anything but smoking. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I used the chewing gum method & it really works. or the lolipop b.c it was the closest thing i can do to keep my hand busy instead of hitting a cigg motion it was a lolly pop. lol
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was having a hard time quitting my ob put me on welbutrin and I quit cold turkey, don't even crave.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You gotta change your way of thinking. It isnt "how much could it hurt?" Its "This is the best choice for my baby" Everytime you think about a cig.. think about your baby and how they might as well be smoking with you. I'm sure you wouldnt take a hit then blow the smoke in your first child's face.. just think of it like that. Focus on how harmful it can be. Do some research on how much it can effect the baby's wieght. Stuff like that. It's easy when you take that kind of stand on it. I havent smoked since the second I found out I was pregnant because thats the way I thinka bout it
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 6:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Every time you smoke a cigarette it constricts the baby's umbilical and its like holding the baby's head underwater for 3mins. At birth your baby's umbilical cord will be thinner then a woman who doesn't smoke. Also remember smoking increases the risk of SIDS and other breathing disorders. I quit and it has been tough but I'm staying strong for my baby .
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010