struggling and the baby is almost here....

okay so we dont qualify for assistance, we are military i stay at home. we have nothing extra no cable or anything that isnt a need we have one car payment rent and insurnce for the car. weve always been somewhat comfortable having excess for food, but now we are not even making it through one week, we get paid 2 times a month and the 2nd baby comes at the end of this month, its only been hard these last 2 months. i am lanning on breastfeeding and im stocked up on cloth diapers bc i know that will save a ton of money. but im stressed out bc im negative 100 dollars and i have another week to get through, im selling stuff on craigslist, but i have noone to ask for help im sure plently of people are in this situation or worse so what do you do to make ends meet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you go to a church for help? I know in my town our church and several others operate a food bank where you can go for food- you don't have to qualify in any way, you just need to go and ask for the assistance. I would call around to local churches and tell them what you told us and ask if they have any resources to recommend to you. Other than that just know that you aren't alone- so many people are in this boat right now and I am sending you positive thoughts to get thru this. Breastfeeding is great for a million reasons, not the least of which is the money saved in not buying formula. Salvation Army and Goodwill are good places for baby clothes- they are worn for such a short time that they are often in very good condition and a run thru the wash and you are good to go. Best of luck. Even though you are no doubt stressed try to find a moment to enjoy that the miracle of life is about to happen for your family again.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• blech! i know what you mean! we have been having a really hard year! we both work full time and we have 2 kids now. once last year we used one of the cash advance things. it's horrible because it costs you! but we needed food and we had to pay bills. it cost less to get the cash advance than it would have cost us in late fees. (hugs)--yes we have been there! things are finally getting better for us now that our baby is 5 months old. we are finally paying hospital bills, they've been calling and trying to get us to pay so i've been sending them $15 here and $20 there!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think there are a lot of people in your situation..the economy has clearly taken it's tool. I am now foreclosing on my house and moving in with the MIL with the baby due in December. I'm on bed rest too so now we have only one income. I will be getting short term disability but I'm still waiting on that. Just remember, no matter how bad your situation may seem..there is ALWAYS someone in a worse situation. Hang in there!
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When I had my 1st my husband had no job. I honestly cannot tell you how we made it other then God's grace
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm going to pray for you
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree got to the local church and office on post that give emergency money and you can make payment back out his check. ill be prayin for yall too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010