Did you go to the courthouse to get married?

If you did....what is your dream wedding? Or have you gotten over it and feel like its never gonna happen?

allforlove229

Asked by allforlove229 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I did with my first marriage. This time around, we are getting married at the beach at sunset. It will be a semi small affair, like 40 people. It will be classy & tasteful & simple.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes, got married while hubby was home on leave...I think I have gotten over the fact that i will never have my dream wedding. I always wanted to big dress and a beautiful outdoor wedding in the spring but now that we have been married for 7 years it just doesnt really matter anymore.. i would rather go on a nice family vacation than spend the money on a wedding now.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No.. Even though I wish we had.. LOL

My dream wedding was a quick and easy JP/Courthouse wedding.

Instead..I got.. a 3 day long combo Hindu/Sikh wedding with all the bells & whistles.. The full traditional shebang.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes..the only thing I ever wanted was to rock down the aisle to 'back in black'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We got married in a Catholic Church if I had to do it over again I would pick a summer wedding on the beach with only a handful of relatives and a few of my closest friends!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yep...did not want the whole over the top wedding because getting married should not require an elaborant celebration...it was private and sincere. (and nothing like my first wedding where my uncle got trashed and started to attack everyone because my bio-father wasn't invited)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Ive been married twice. My first wedding was thrown together quickly but was beautiful, too bad the guy did a personality flip right after I said "I do". I got married the second time in the courthouse. I would love to do a vowl renewal eventually. It would probably be something country themed.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes I did. I know my dream wedding is never gonna happen. I wanted my wedding dress made. I still have the pattern. It was to be a outdoor garden wedding, simple with the location being the best decoration. :) I got concrete walkways and a water-fountain instead. :(
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We were supposed to have a large church wedding, but our dd had other plans on arriving early. :) We were married by a J/P and we are just fine with that. I only wanted to marry my dh, didn't care where.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We got married at the courthouse first because my husband was being transfered out of the country and we needed to get the paperwork underway. We had a garden wedding and brunch reception about a month later. The courthouse was kind of nice because it was just the two of us, but the wedding-wedding was good, too. I'm glad I got both.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010