eye problems

ive been having problems with my right eye for over a month. for the first week it was constant at night and then it went away for a while. i usually experience itching that just won't stop, and i have to keep rubbing it, making it red and feeling like there's something in it but there's not. i get blurred vision from rubbing it to death. it sounds like an allergy right? ive never had allergies before. i know i need to see an optometrist, but just looking for some suggestions on here and if anyone's had a problem like this. i use visine allergy and it relieves the itching but only momentarily.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• Might be Dry Eye look into eye drops specifically for dry eye till you get to a eye doctor. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yea it sounds like an allergy, but it could be an infection
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 3:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yeah, dont mess around with eye stuff. I found out recently I have a very rare eye disease and have to get a cornea transplant down the road. Go get it checked out so you wont be suffering with it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010