is it true that orangutans are relocated and sometimes killed just to do this?

I looked up palm oil since it is highly harvested and used in all the world for bio-diesel, for food frying, in peanut butter, and cosmetics.
Since it's so popular it's been sending those monkeys out of their own earthly habitat they are accustomed to and putting them into other places to breed, (relocated) Such things make me feel I am doing it to them, I use products with palm oil. (different than palm kernel oil)
(had to pick some category??)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Of course it's happening. It's been happening since white man slaughtered indians in the name of progress. It's been happening since we decided we are a superior species and have control over the animals and land.

Animals have been moved, relocated, slaughtered and tamed for our own needs for thousands of years. It's not new stuff.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 4:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• just sounds so harsh when you stop and think about it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i can see relocating them, but to slaughter them because they are just trying to survive, that is beyond extreme, and in any case it's usually due to some dumb dictatorship leader (s) having too much power and control.

coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010