My husband and I are working on our marriage and..........

the book we are reading asks us to work on a "family project" together. What do you ladies think it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• In my experience, try a gender neutral project. Men (at least most) don't enjoy creating collages or sewing. Think more adventure, like a hiking club. Last year my husband taught me how to sail and that was a lot of fun. I enjoyed learning, and he enjoyed being able to teach me and feel handy. If you guys don't share similar interest, perhaps make a list of different things you each want to accomplish and then help each other do them as your family project.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• How about a family photo collage?
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Build a clubhouse for the kids in the backyard?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was thinking of something similar to the first poster, make a scrapbook together.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would say a photo album of all the good times you spent together! It would bring back all the memories that you guys have spent together and hopefully bring you two closer!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Maybe build an edible bridge? If by family project you mean that you will involve your children. You could use mini marshmallows and gum drops with toothpicks.

You could talk about how just like a in family and in a bridge, each component is important to the other. All the pieces have a job and a purpose--to hold the structure together.

I think it's sweet you are doing a family project. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 4:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well seeing that Halloween is coming up soon....how about making ur own costumes as a family or decorating the outside of the house and then plan a Halloween party with ur family or friends too to celebrate ur accomplishments of working together as a family!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010