Natural remedy needed

I get painful icky sores in my nose and someone suggested it may be a cold sore. Any suggestions for getting rid of cold sores?

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 4:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• I think before you try a nautral remedy for herpes, it's important to actualy get a proper diagnoses to see if that is what it is, type 1 and type 2 can be anywhere and you can shed the virus anytime from anywhere on your body....you could infect other people or infect yourself in other places on your body IF that's what it is.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• a small amount of vaseline on a q-tip inserted in your nose, may help.
    I doubt it is herpes but if you think it might be... get it checked out by a doctor.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• vaseline or neosporin on a qtip. rub around inside of nose. Use a saline spray several times a day to keep your mucus membranes moist
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• vaseline on a q-tip if it does not help....see a Doctor
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I know a cold sore is herpes simplex...not a huge deal. I know it can spread but I've been having these sores for years. I figured a remedy would help or not and I could go from there. Maybe it's a pimple. The doctor says it seeps white blood cells, the sign of an infection being fought.
    BluDog

Comment by BluDog (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010