is he trying to control me?

i like taking my son to the park. we live in a small town and there isn't much else to do. i'm a sahm. we have one vehicle which my so drives to work. so i take my son out in his stroller to the park because it gets boring staying inside the house. all of a sudden my so is telling me not to take my son to the park or telling me i can't take him. there hasn't been any crime or anything. so he has nothing to worry about. i tell him our son loves the park and it's good for him to get outside. i asked him why he doesn't want me to take him but he doesn't give me an answer. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• say, sorry but I'm the mom and I think this is good for both of us!

They do start slowly to control you and it is your job to put your foot down and say sorry but NO!

They will go as far as you let them.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes if he is not giving you a reason and basically is telling you NO, you can't do it just because I said so, then yes, that is very controlling..especially since its great for kids to go out and play at the park and get excersize..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds like the beginning of a conrtol thing. Isolation is a big part of control and lots of times leads to abuse. Just my opinion but thats what it sounds like.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would try to communicate and figure out why he actually doesn't want you there. I am sure that there is something behind his request. Whether he thinks the road is dangerous or something to that extent.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If he doesn't have any good explanation for his telling you NO. Then sorry to say but yes I would say he is trying to control you. You are a grown adult and that is what mommy's do with our children. So, if he is just saying it to say it! I would say he getting in a little over his head.
    JayBearsMom

Answer by JayBearsMom at 4:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds like he's trying to control you. He needs to have a valid reason.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds like it. I would continue to take your son to the park. If your SO throws a fit, tell him that you will keep taking your son to the park until he comes up with a good reason as to why you should not be going to the park!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• YES- it sounds like the beginning stages of Control- you need to put a Stop to it now b/c if not i promise you it will get alot Worse! I would tell him if he didn't have a reason why he doesn't want you at the park then you are going to take your son there to Play & get Fresh Air & Sunshine! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes it sounds like it because he has no VALID reason to tell you. Time for the strong woman to stand up and say NO...GL
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010