Going back east!

So we're taking my son to PA for Thanksgiving. He will be just about 4 months old! We live in CA and I know I'm gonna need warm clothes but I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff he's only going to use for a week. Any suggestions on how to keep him warm without buying stuff he won't need for long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Travel

• I would just buy things that he can use in Cali in the evenings/ in air conditioning. You can get some sweaters to wear over his current onsies and some long sleeve pants. I would think the only thing that you would need for him other than that is like a coat, and you could get one of those carseat covers to keep him warm. Another idea would be look on Craigslist, see if someone is selling warm clothes, you could buy them cheap since you'll only use them for a week. Good luck.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Layers. They dont have to be heavy layers. I have a lil gillet for my baby, while in england for the winter last year she wore a onesie, a long sleeved shirt with a long sleeved sweater and then the gillet or padded waist coat over the top, hat, mittens jeans socks and a pair of uggs and she was warm enough and the a blanket for extra warmth while outside, but to tell u the truth I wasnt outside in the cold weather a whole lot, because it was cold so I really didnt need too many warm clothes. I live in ca also and this worked well for me.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Do you have any family/friends in the area? Ask the ones with babies if you can borrow some of the warmer clothes (coat, mittens, etc), for the week. Or go to your local thrift store. Most baby clothes at thrift stores are slightly worn, but for a four month old, you might find something really worth the dollar! You can buy "size up" clothing that you know you'll need even here in CA, later; and use the larger clothing as layers on the ones that fit now. Jeans, sweater, onesies. You'll need those anyway, so buy a few now in the larger size and layer!
    Have a great trip!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Buy some baby Blankets sense he is so young..He is not always going to be in the cold..

Answer by louise2 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Buy a sweat suit he can wear over his onsies, shorts, shortsleeves. When you get to Pa, hit a second hand store and buy a few things cheap if you need them. It is pretty cold here by Thanksgiving.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• try consignment shops! Then you can always turn them back in for cash or credit when you get back
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• see if the PA family can borrow a few items or post a thing on PA's craiglist.
    Anonymous