• In the Spotlight:

Am I right to be so cautious?

Just met a Mom at my son's school last month. My household recently lost our only car and she offered to drive him to and from school. I have a weird feeling and want to make sure that I am with in the car to take him. Am I being too paranoid, or acting like a Mom should? BTW, my child is only 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Instinct can go a long way but....If you really need the help nicely say. That is so kind of you to offer but I think if we're going to arrange things I would like to ride along to for a while. Get a better feel of it with you there. Of course it feels weird you just met her but it could just be that she is a kind person and really does just want to help. Be careful for sure. I would not let my child ride alone with anyone we just met.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that you are being too paranoid. If you have a bad feeling, then go with your gut instinct. You can never be too cautious when it comes to your children.

Anonymous

• I agree with the first post.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think your right. If something doesn't feel right.. then don't do it.
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Always go with your instinct's! They haven't steered me wrong yet & they are usually right! When it comes to your children's safety you can never be too safe especially in this day in time.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i would trust your gut too..better safe than sorry right??!! and im pretty sure the other parent would understand..he is only 4..of course you wanna be there to drop him off and pick him up..its not that you dont "trust" her..its just ya wanna be there for your son!! no harm in that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That "instinct" is what makes us mothers. Go with your feelings. AT least that way you can see if your feelings change the more you get to know the other person.
    firestarter4763

Answer by firestarter4763 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Use your "mothers instinct". I am sure as a mom herself she understands completely.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008