Contacts?

I wear contacts and I just started wearing a different brand a cheaper brand called avaira. the doctor said i could sleep in them for three nights then take them out so i did and my eye acted up and hurt really bad so i tried two nights and now my eye really hurts is really puffy I have had the contact out for four days and is not getting better I called the eye place and said it would probably get better on its own Has this happened to anybody? If so what did you do to help with the pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• Its an eye infectiona nd it will go away on its own. But you can't wear a contact until its gone. I have only had it happen once and that was 15 years ago. I can't remember what I did for the pain. Maybe try little cold packs on it off and on. Probably wouldn't try any kind of eye cream. Hope it takes care of itself soon. If it gets bad tho, go see a doc and get some cream for it. They make special antibiotics for your eyes. Good luck....
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 8:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was an ophthalmic assistant for 15 years. Your eye hurts, and is puffy - and they said deal with it, it will get better? Do not wear the contacts till you can see someone...call back and complain to the office manager/Dr. They gave you some bad advice!! Seek a second opinion!
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 9:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Maybe your allergic to the materials used in the contact? I would def call back and see if they can see you, if not go to someone else and have them take a look at your eyes. They should never turn you away if your in pain.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2008