Where is a good place to visit near the Tennesse/Virginia border?

We are thinking of visiting Virginia soon. Where is a good place to visit near the Tennessee/Virginia border? We live in SC, and don't want to travel over 4 or 5 hours, because we won't be able to stay but about 2-3 days.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 4:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Travel

• No idea, but over in that area is my favorite vacation spot ever, Gatlinburg, TN. I love the Smokey Mountains!

www.gatlinburg.com/
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Gatlinburg, TN is a fun place, but that is more between TN and NC.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not sure but have you ever been to Gatlinburg/Pigeon forge TN not sure how far away that is from your house is but there is Dollywood, wilderness of the smokies, the great smokey mountains national park, tons of put put/go carts, dixie stampede, the comedy barn....and lots more.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have to agree with Gatlinburg. There is also a place I went on a field trip to many years ago, but I can't remember what it was called. But it was where the borders of 5 or 6 states meet at one point. TN & VA are two of them IIRC. Maybe someone else might know where I'm talking about?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I love Gatlinburg and have been there a few times, but have never been to VA. So that's why I'm trying to find somewhere good to visit there. Thanks for the answers so far though!!!
    wmjsease

Comment by wmjsease (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well you did say Virginia/TN border. Gatlinburg was what crossed my mind. If you're willing to travel into Virginia, go here:

www.virginia.org/

Maybe something will spark what you're looking for a little more =) GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Where in SC do you live? We live near Columbia and have gone to the Blue Ridge Parkway many of times. It's gorgeous, especially this time of year. It takes us about 3 hours to get to Fancy Gap, Virginia, which is where we get onto the BRP. Then we drive from there through NC until we hit the 26 and then head home. You can do that in one day if you leave super early in the morning. We've also driven 6 hours to Charlottesville, VA, spent the night, and then driven down the BRP in Virginia. Then we take the 77 back home at the end of the day. If you have 2-3 days, you could probably do the whole thing, stopping at little motels along the way.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• All this talk about Gatlinburg i am about to google it to get some information maybe we can vaca there. I love new adventures
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 2:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010