how does it make you feel when ur husbands or bfs get deployed all the time?

i just want to be with him all the times and im sad when he has to leave our son and i. i feel depressed all the time especially bc i have no one to talk to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I get depressed about it but I get through it. I knew when I married my husband that he'll be deploying a lot. I get over it because he is doing a duty to this country. I never have anyone to talk to either because no one around me (physically) understands. They think my husband is selfish for choosing a military career over his family but I am proud of him and will stick by him. You can always PM me anytime you need someone to talk to. My hubby is deployed right now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have figured out that I need to surround myself with friends and keep myself and the kids busy. My husband just returned from a year away and my friends are what got me through. I joined a MOPS group for my daughter and I to attend, I found a good church and made sure that I was able to make some time for myself. Take advantage of give parents a break if your base/post offers it and go out to lunch or dinner with some friends. If your kids are in school do volunteer work with the school, you will meet other moms there. I also bought a museum pass for the kids and I for rainy or cold days. If you are living around family, you are right, most of them don't really understand. You need to tell them that you need their support right now and this is what you and your husband have chosen for your family. Tell them if they do not want to be supportive that they need to just keep that out of the conversation right now.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I get sad. He is my world. I love him so much & I miss him terribly. I miss all the small things, when he reaches for my hand across the dinner table, when he comes up & kisses me, the way he smells, even his snoring. I hate when he is gone. I feel like a piece of my heart has been ripped out. Anyway, I use that time to get extra super close with my DD, & I work out even more.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010