Can MIL's be perfect?

My MIL is the sweetest woman ever. I hear so much about the "evil MIL" and how horrible they are. But I know there are those special ones out there. Is your MIL one of those special breeds????

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• my future MIL is the most amazing woman I have ever met. She is everything I strive to be. She should be on the fast track to sainthood
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• She certainly likes to think she is.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No one is perfect. However, I do believe that mil's and dil's can exist in the same world together. My mil and I had a rough start and I never thought we would be friends, never. Things changed though, she decided I wasn't really a bad person out to steal her son and I decided not to hold my expectations up so high for her. We get along like mother and daughter now. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well i love my ex husbands mom me and her son are not together but i always call her and she is a part of my life and a great grandmother my my kids...she is an angel...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hmmmm, she is super nice. But its to the point where it creeps me out, lol
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My MIL puts up a front... she wants you to think shes hard and perfect on the outside but when it comes down to it she's good to me and a wonderful person. as long as i keep her "little prince" happy....oh yeah she does call him that sometimes.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't say mine is perfect, but she's pretty great most of the time.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well, no one is perfect. I wish my mother in law and I had a relationship...we don't have one at all. I'm 49, and have been married 22 years. My boys are all over 18, and I really hope to have a good relationship with their wives.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My MIL is pretty sweet and I love her very much. She is the perfect MIL for me and the perfect grandma for my kiddos :)
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• lol...my x/dh's mother is weird but we also stay in touch for the children...
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010