Do you know anyone that is in a commited long term relationship that has lastest a long time but have never gotten married? Do you know their reason Why?

My BIL my dh's brother was in 1 for over 15 years he died last August his common law wife died in May of this year. Their reason was that they were happy togther he had never been married ans she once and she didn't really want that piece of paper they were happy together

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My SIL is in one they have been together for 7 years and the reason why is she was married once and divorced and he has been married 2 times.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This was the question of the day on my radio station so I thought I'd ask it here
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes my aunt. She has been with her boyfriend for close to 30 years and never has been married to him/ She refuses to get married. Before she met him she was an abusive marriage. She just wants to make sure she can get out fast if it ever turns abusive. It's been 30 years since then but she is still scared.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well, I've been with my fiance for almost 5 years now, and if he hadn't asked me, I would have been perfectly fine not ever getting married. Matter of fact, I'm still not sure I want to go through the hassle, heh. Marriage to me is just a ceremony, and may have certain legal advantages, but that's it. I'm committed to him, and getting married wouldn't change that in any way...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my aunt and my best friend are like that...

my aunt got married twice before ( her first was when she turned 18 and only lasted a year) the second she had 2 sons, bought a house, and was married for 5 years before he turned abusive and then after 12 years they divorced..... now she is dating a man for the last 6 years, living together and her grandkids call him papaw, he wants to get married but she wont because she "doesnt want to be married 3 times"

my friend is living with and has 2 sons with a guy she has been with since high school.... she has stayed with him all these years, says she will never leave him, is buying a house with him, but she wont marry him so she is not "stuck" with him lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't know anyone like that
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010