Help menstrual cycle is all messed up...

I got my tubes tied in Aug-08 after the birth of my 3rd son.
I have had regular periods since... well that is up until 4months ago...
ok here is what is going on...
4months back had a normal heavy cycle for 7days ( as i usually do)
3moths ago i completely skipped my period.
2months ago(last month) 2 weeks after what should have been my "normal" start time I spotted for 6 days and a week later spotted for another 7
This month i spotted for a couple of hours (less then 24) and stopped completely.

What could be the cause of this? I am going to set myself up a doctors appointment but i am really scared that something is seriously wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• One can start early stages of menopause at almost any age...it's called perimenopause and it can start years before actual menopause. Things like getting your tubes tied can actualy bring on early menopause and something called post tubal ligation syndrome or PTLS
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• And PTLS is MORE common in those who get their tubes tied in their 20's than those who get it done in their 30's or 40's!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• early signs of menopause
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hormones, stress, gaining/losing weight, exercising too much... and the list goes on. It could be so many things, most likely nothing to get worried about. All women experience ups and downs in their cycle over their lifetime. But going to the Dr will help figure it out and get you back on track.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• me too i got my tubes tied on 8/31/08 and since then my period is all messed up sometimes i go 2 months with no period something i get my period for like 12 days....ahhhh it's driving me nuts...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• could it be menopause when i am only 28?
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010