Who is sick of people trying to force their candidate on you?

Sorry, saw all the other who is sick of questions and thought I might ask one of my own. I am a Republican, who is not voting mainstream, but have people who are trying to convince me, rather badly, to vote for their candidate. No bashers please, but who else feels this way?

Tayandstevenmom

Asked by Tayandstevenmom at 8:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm rather sick of people attacking another person's choice of candidate. I'm not a supporter of either one (McCain or Obama), yet still random people get worked up because I don't like who they're voting for... so what do they do? Try to tear down their opponent. What logic is this, to someone who doesn't like either one? Seriously?

My step father almost had a coronary when politics came up. I asked him what his opinion on the election was (ver betum), and he said "Well I'm certainly not a Democrat like you!" ....Wha? Who ever said I was a democrat. His anger kept building and building, as he kept attacking Obama (everything from anti-americanism to black stereotypes). I would shoot down his arguments with simple fact, and laugh at the results. (cont)
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• (cont). Unfortunately, his type are common on both sides of the debate, and it's a rather scary thought that they will be the majority of voters in two weeks.

Truly scary.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my neighbor is a republican and everytime he sees me he tries to change my mind.. we are avery close group of neighbors, so I just laugh it off and tell him things i won't repeat here. lol
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I only correct people when their "facts" are just plan wrong. I don't want people telling others that some things are true when they just plain aren't. But I would never push my candidate on someone, I've never personally attacked someone because of who they're voting for.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I thin everyone is sick of it but it is always going to happen. when i tell people im not voten they push harder... I dont like any of them, honestly i think we should get bill back or no one vote and get all new people!!! ...BUT people let us think for our selfs we will choice what we believe right... politics and relgion are the worst things to talk about cause no 2 people aggree fully
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes, I know who I am finally voting for and even people who stay talking about how he is the best candidate still bother me. I think everyone feels as if they are the only ones who have the ability to make a logical decision about who our next president should be! I was at my daughters doctor recently and the overhead television was set to a channel that had one of the candidates on, well this older man got enraged, he got up and started yelling for someone to turn "that damned" television off. I don't understand the anger that so many people are feeling on both sides.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I am a conservative who is jumping ship and voting the other side, and I am really really tired of having to explain why. Please let everyone make their own decisions at this point. As the Obama rep called me today and I said if you call me again I won't vote for him. Cannot wait for this to be over.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm pretty set in my ways especially when it comes to politics and I never set my mind to trying to "change" someone's mind on how they are going to vote...I would rather debate them with facts so that they see that maybe there is a different way of looking at things.
    Anonymous

• I am a Republican too, and get so mad when someone tells me why I shouldn't vote for McCain. I try not to be rude but at times it really gets to me. Well today, I casted my vote and for me its done and over with.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 10:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• LOL - As my friends like to tell me, I'm probably the last living Moderate in America. I truly don't care who someone is voting for, if you have a good reason (whether I agree with it or not), then I respect your opinion.

If enough people agree with me /my candidate, and they care enough to vote, then my person will win. If not, or if more people agree with / care about the other candidate, then that one will win. Either way, it's the Democratic Process and I respect it.

The only time I get annoyed is when I hear things like one woman told me years ago - she wasn't voting for Ross Perot because he had big ears. Or, when I hear things like because McCain is old, or Obama has a terrorist name. Those aren't based on the issues, it's based on fear mongering on both sides, but, if the majority of voters choose to give into that, then again, we as a nation get what we deserve - for good or bad.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2008