where can I start to find out about my adoption??

I was adopted from another country when I was a wee baby. Where could I start on finding out who my real mom was??? amymomprincess@aol.com

momson666

Asked by momson666 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Adoption

• go to the adoption agency or look online on the social networking sites. That's how my friend found her BM
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Your "real" mom is the one who raised you, took care of you, and loved you all these years. I think you must've meant to say "birth" mom.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well u dont know my families situation so real and birth could mean the same thing to me. thanks for input. night. they have no info about agency or anything so i am on my own. born in south america even though i am as white and american as they come.lol. just curious like any other human who was put up for adoption. i had major issues with it when i was little. after being told.
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you don't know the agency, do you know what state your adoption took place? You could then try to find out which agencies in that state mainly do adoptions from South America. Do you have any info at all? I agree you have every right to know.

Some adopted persons consider both mothers their real moms. Others consider only one mother as real. It depends on many factors, I would almost bet the poster is an adoptive mom. As a reunited birth mom, I consider both moms as "real" moms. But, I think YOU said what you meant, and you are entitled to your opinion.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• @CEALLAIGH, Please never tell anyone 'how" to define, their very own personal journey...shame on you! Momson666, has every single right to describe her mother as real. If we wanted to be technical, her 'real" mother ,as meant by her post, is her First Mom/ Natural Mom...her mother who adopted and raised her would technically be her un-natural adoptive mother, however that doesn't sound too nice either does it? If she wishes to refer to her First/Natural Mother as real...then so be it. Momson666, good luck with your journey into finding your ral Mom:) CJ
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thank you sooo much for your support ceejay. is it cj? or nickname for what? You have such a good point, and seem so intelligent...hey like me...lol. u see i truly do need encouragement. so I have to give myself "props" or noone else will. I am a damn good singer too. this old grump never said so unless I said it first. Anyway, One of these days I will find my family or extended family...if still alive hopefully, then I will let all of u know.;) So anyone know of any good decent fun happy youngish men looking for someone special like me???? and an already set up family with a son...a very smart special son.????????? LET ME KNOW. Thanks!
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Try the Adoption Search Resources group for tips: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065 

and this website: http://www.adoptioncrossroads.org/ 

There are also people who are dedicated to adoption reunion and volunteer their time and resources to search. Google Search Angel and your state to find one. Good luck!!!

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• THANKS :)
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Where are the decent nice fun young men??????????
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Your adopted mom should have some information for you to go on, as they were giving paperwork about your adoption. You could also petition the courts with your caseworker to have information as to where she may be today. The thing is you would need to be 18yrs or older to find out this information. I wish you the best of luck. please if you would let us know how things go for you?
    sissywilcox

Answer by sissywilcox at 7:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010