Ferret owners....

We have a little female and for the past few months she has been loosing her hair. The vet said nothing was wrong just old age (she is 8 yrs old). Will a ferret wear a sweater if they have never been put in clothes before. I seen ferrets in clothes and such but if they have never worn them will they?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 4:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pets

• I do not have ferret but grew up around them, my brother and sister both had multiple ferrets over the years.

I think that it is worth a try, i would buy one to begin with, maybe a lighter sweater and let her get used to it.. it might take a while and then gradually build up to a heavier sweater.

my sister's ferret wore a sweater and a bandanna a lot.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Mine uses a harness that resembles a shirt with no issue. I don't see why you couldn't try a sweater. I got him at 3 years old andhe'd never even worn a collar. He's fine with them.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 8:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Is she just shedding her summer coat, or is she losing hair off of her tail?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The vet said she has a skin disorder so she is loosing everything. He said there is nothing we can do about it and that because of her age she might not last through the winter. :[
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• thanks she is our lil girl so we are prepared for the worst but man does she still run around like a spring chicken lol...she attacks our feet still and loves to cuddle...so we are enjoying her every moment of the day! :]
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010