to all cafemoms what was the best feeling you had when you gave birth to your first child ?

i was this is going to be the best love i can imagine

Ricanmami1

Asked by Ricanmami1 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sadly, just that it was over :( I had very little concern for my daughter right after she was born. I was depressed, coming off of 6 weeks of bedrest, induced and had a VERY hard labor, laying on my side the whole time. It was miserable and the BEST feeling I had for the next week or so was just being happy the labor was over. The rest was depression and sadness and guilt and inadequacy. The strong mommy bond took a long time to develop with her, but it did develop, and she's my world (well, half of it now lol).

But my son's birth... amazing. I had him at home and I remember feeling him squirm against my leg and feeling my heart swell and burst with love and gratitude... not that labor was over, but that I had my son. I'm so thankful for that experience and I'm so grateful that I got to feel that immediate overpowering love for a child.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I just have to say the whole birth in general!! It's just amazing that a little human being could be in my body for 9-10 months and know that I created him and grew him!!! It's all just an amazing feeling to me :-)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• "Thank God it's over" LOL and of course, I was super excited to start my new life with my precious baby girl. :-)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was so happy the pain was gone!! and i was so happy our lil guy was finally here!
    lv.42.dy

Answer by lv.42.dy at 4:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had my husband and my mom at the birth of my daughter. It was the whole experience of having my family with me and seeing that my mom witness the birth which made my experience very special. Now being pregnant again I can't wait to see my family in December.
    JoyLopez

Answer by JoyLopez at 4:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The rush of love when you first hold and look into the eyes of your newborn
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I felt love stronger than anything I have ever felt before. it was amazing.
    Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• all i remember was touching my stomach cuz it didnt feel hard,lol!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I can only imagine how it feels to see your baby for the first time...Sometimes I'll think about the whole process of giving birth and imagine how it'll be when I see Evan for the first time. I get such a strong feeling of love and a need to hold and nurture him. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it...
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hearing the 1st cry that he was in the world. And that my little joker peed on the nurse.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010