have you ever wanted to just run away?

..from motherhood, marriage, the whole shebang?? where can i go??

i feel like that today. fortunately, i'm sure it will pass, as it always does! LOL!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not run away so much as take a mini-vacation...you know? Because if I ran away I would be avoiding all responsibility and I can't do that to the people I love. To make sure everyone is taken care of while I take a break or mini-vacation...even if it is only a couple of hours alone in my room with a book...then I would feel better and know I acted responsibly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I feel that way sometimes. After a long hot bath I feel better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I, too, feel like this sometimes. I think it's just natural!!! And yes, this too shall pass ;-)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have only felt this way once... and I got a call we had a death in the family, so I ended up being away from my family for 3 days.... It was such a wake up call for me that I have not thought of it since. I actually had to be away from them for more than a couple hours and I freaked out, had anxiety. I don't know what I would do without them. It will pass
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think we have all felt that way. The thought of high tailing it outta here, renting a hotel room and just being alone is rather appealing to me at times. Take long baths, read lots of books, shop, eat. And no one needs me for anything the whole time.....

I know just how you feel. I would never do that, of course. I love my family, even when the drive me crazy and would never leave them.

It'll pass. Do something nice for you. Paint your toe nails, put a hot oil treatment on your hair, make yourself feel good in some way. You'll feel better.

Hugs to you, Mama!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I feel that way and I fantasize about a nice clean place or a hot beach with half naked guys and they wait on me hand and foot and after five minutes I laugh and feel better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• pinkdragon36...I am so with you.....

Right now, I'm packed and ready to go. Love my guys, but today it's almost more than I can handle.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• At least twice a day, but for the most part life and family is pretty good and I love my life. I think it is natural for moms to want to get in the car and keep going from time to time, but our children and families are worth staying through the tough times.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010