what is biscuits and gravy?

it doesnt sound a nice combination lol

san78

Asked by san78 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh it's soooo yummy it's just buttery biscuits with white sausage gravy poured all over it. It's a breakfast thing though, I think even McD's has it in the mornings. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Biscuits smothered in a pepper milk (white) gravy...sometimes with sausage bits in it too. It is DELICIOUS!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's very good. It can be either just biscuits served open faced with white gravy on them, or sometimes, breakfast sausage is added on the biscuit and sausage is added to the gravy.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Around here, it's baking powder biscuits with sausage gravy. It's pretty good if made well, but not my personal favorite.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It is usually a white sausage gravy over a homemade biscuit...might not sound good, but it is definitely delicious with the right gravy!
    kayleighsmom529

Answer by kayleighsmom529 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well, it's yummy, but kind of naughty. It's exactly what it says, biscuits, usually split open with gravy over them. For breakfast it's often sausage gravy, but it can be anykidn of gravy, and I've had them with chicken chunks in chicken gravy (or turkey) for dinner as well. I don't make them, but I grew up eating them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had it first when I moved from way upstate New York to Virginia. I think it is a southern thing. It can be delicious, but only now and again. I would not eat it more than 3 or 4 times a year. I
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's biscuits I like to get the butter biscuits at the store and bake them then I take and brown sausage and the I make my peppered white gravy and mix the 2 together and pour over the biscuits my dad & dh love them they are not my favorite I make them for supper sometimes as I don't do breakfast at home and McDonald's doesn't have them yet that I know of but Burger King does that's where my dad gets his
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I imagine it started as a very inexpensive filling breakfast.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Exactly what the name says.
    You make biscuits either homemade or store bought. Then you make a White Gravy with Sausage. Many recipes can be found on cooks.com, allrecipes.com, kraftfoods.com, etc. It's delicious, especially the way my dad makes it! He makes it all from scratch.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010