how do you lose these crazy pounds (lol)

how do you shed the pounds you gain during pregnancy i have been trying nothings working to great. helllllllllllllllpppppppppp any advice will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Same thing I tell everyone, hope it helps:)

It is something simple as math... calories in, calories out. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat so burn 3500 calories and you lose 1 pound of fat. Start by getting an estimate of your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is basically the amount of calories your body burns per day without activity. I like bmrcalculator.org, make sure to stroll down the site to see how many more calories your body burns per day with different activity levels. Say you burn 2000 calories per day, you eat 1500 calories that day giving you a deficit of 500 calories for that day. Do it for a week straight 500 X 7 = 3500 and you end up losing 1 pound of fat for that day. Your BMR is just an estimate but it gives you a good idea of where you are at. Continued...

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Exercise - You need to be working hard enough that you have a hard time carrying on a conversation with someone. Work up a real good sweat and do it for 30 minutes per day, at least. I like to do interval training where I work hard for a small amount of time, (could be 20 jumping jacks, running for 30 seconds, or whatever gets your heart rate up for as long as you like) follow that with a recovery period ( walk for 30 seconds or lift weights for 15 reps, however long to recover enough to start all over).

Eating - Choose real foods over processed, count your calories, eat small healthy 100 -150 calorie snacks throughout the day to keep you from over eating. Drink a huge glass of water before, during and after a meal to fill you up. There is a ton of resources out there, try sparkpeople.com. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nothing is going to work overnight.
    CARDIO - Is the only real way you're going to lose weight. The fat will not come off by doing weight lifting or strength training at all. Because that only builds muscle. Now doing cardio does build muscle, but it actually sheds the lbs and calories while you're working out. 20-30 minutes a day is recommended. Remember, that muscle weighs more then fat, so even though you're not seeing the scale numbers change that doesn't mean you're not losing weight. Inches come off easier then your weight will change. So meassure yourself and do that about every other week or so just to show yourself you ARE losing the weight.

Cardio includes biking, long walks, aerobics, swimming, etc.
    Wii Fit DOES work!!
    Pilates and Yoga to tone and shape the body along with cardio is recommended. Again Wii Fit!!

Eat well balanced meals. Small-Medium Portions. Don't overeat. Cut out Soda.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I do cardio and resistance training. It has been working and I've lost 10 pounds so far. I have an exercise bike that I workout on every day...yes that gets boring but I watch my favorite shows while i workout so it's not as bad.

i've tried sparkpeople and yes i might help some people but i like to eat and nothing they said looked very good. I eat healthy and exercise and it's slowly coming off.

cardio is the key but do strength workouts also....my neighbor just jogged after having her kids and she looks good but her stomach is flabby because she never did any toning workouts
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010