How can i tell where i come from? what kind of culture background do you think i have?

i know that in america we are all made from diferent countries but it bothers me soo much to not know what i am ... i just wish i could be like yeah im this and that ..but when people ask me i dont know :( my mom was adopted and my dad ran away and died .. soo i have no except that my mom was born in rice lake,wi and thats near chippewa falls and thats like indian grounds .. and my dads last name is pierce and thats like englend and france.. soo if you could by base me off my looks what do you think i am? i know its stupid but im curious what you think here in my facebook link .... http://www.facebook.com/ahlane

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not a good picture of you to tell but you look white.
    Anonymous

• aww :( i dont want to be white
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can always do one of those genetic tests that tell you where your blood line came from. My ex mother in law did it & found out all the different backgrounds she came from. I think she paid $100 & they sent a kit to her house where she had to so a mouth swab & she sent back her DNA, one week later she got her results. It was very neat & interesting. I know most of where my family came from though, so i probly won't do one.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• AWESOME! i didnt know that had something like that out there!! i might have to look into it .. and btw what are you?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh my goodness you are GORGEOUS!!! I would say yes you look like you have some Indian in you... or maybe hispanic or even a little Italian. You can see my picture, I'm Irish, Italian, and German. My dad is full blood German (well, as far back as he knows of...) and my mom is 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Irish, but I'm sure there's others in the mix. My skin is fair all year until I burn for the 1st time in the summer, then I really start to get tan, but I never beat out my hubby who works outside all the time. :\ :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• AWW well thank you mamalisa you made my day :) that awesome my husband is pretty much all german his my mom is from germany and speaks it and everything and his dad is irsh and indian i love germany its an pretty country:)
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You're very pretty. You can tell you're very tan though, but i can betcha you're skin would be lighter if you didn't tan. You don't look Indian, maybe European, but you never know. My DH is 1/4 indian & he just looks like a white guy who gets real red & tan in the summer. If you're REALLY curious, do the genetics test. I watched something on TV where famous people were doing it, i think Oprah & some other folks were on there. Anyway, there was this lady who SWORE up & down she was native american. She was a very light skinned black woman & she even changed her name to a native american name like "singing hawk" or something ridiculous like that...lol, Well, when they tested her DNA, they found out she had NO native American in her...lol! She as so pissed & shocked! It was hilarious!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My mom is Argentine (born & raised) & my dad is Irish & English.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• aww thank you!!!!! and hahaha i would be pissed too! lol omg thats silly ..people say i look native or italian but say im white which i have alot of white i dont burn a whole lot when i do tan and also im very white but tan very easily ..i have brown hair and hazel brownsh greenish eyes
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've always wondered why people in the US are so fixated on their "heritage"... As far as I'm concerned, if you were born here, you're "American". Unless your parents were first generation immigrants, you would have none of the customs/traditions of "the old country" anyway, and in most cases (unless they were English/Irish) don't even speak the language anymore. I can say I'm Dutch, because I was born and raised there. But it really irritates me if somebody says they're "Italian Americans" for example, when they don't speak Italian and half of the time don't even know how to find Italy on a map... Sorry, personal pet peeve.

I didn't mean to attack you, I just don't really understand why it's important, I guess...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010