Cheating?

My husband has become wierd lately. He comes home later than he is supposed to be from work at a Subway restaurant (usually over an hour late). He said that he can't bring food home anymore, yet he brings home sandwiches all the time unless we have an arguement. When he does get home he doesn't want to spend any time with his wife and kids. And today was the last straw: he was supposed to be off work at 2PM and here it is 5 PM and he still is not home. He only live within a 15 minute walk of the place, so that means he can't blame the bus or anything, and when he gets home he claims he smells like sandwiches and takes a shower. Not to mention he gave my what to expect book away to a girl he said he hates. Why would he be giving a girl he says he hates presents? Am I just paranoid, or is something going on. Not to mention he now likes to go out EARLY on Sundays and not get home until late afternoon.

mama408

Asked by mama408 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• and then he also has been getting rides home from a woman(I saw her in the drivers seat) that he claims just is giving him rides home.
    mama408

Comment by mama408 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It sounds a little suspicious. How is he acting toward you? Have you asked him why he is coming home so late?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Lay it on the table.....tell him you think he is cheating and unless he wants a divorce and lose custody of his kids he'll straighten up and be home. Tell him it won't be tolerated.....and well frankly if he is cheating you might not want to be with him anymore anyway, how can you trust someone who does that, and how can they truely love you to do that to you?

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think you are being paranoid, the situation does not sound good.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Do you have others willing to stop by the restaurant to find out if he is still there or not? Bless your heart, I know this is a hard thing to go through.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Trust your instincts! A woman's intuition is a very POWERFUL thing. Everything you have stated screams cheating. So sorry:( Also, this girl that he "hates" is pregnant (assuming the book is What to Expect When you are Expecting), you have to wonder if he may be the daddy. I'm so sorry, I dont mean to sound so uncaring, but you have to be ready for anything. Good luck hon.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with Scuba it sounds strange.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It don't sound good! If I saw a woman in the car with my husband I think I would flip out!!!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That does sound really fishy.
    The girl may just be giving him a ride home and nothing more. However, with everything else I would definately be very suspicious.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The book is what to expect the first year

As for how he is treating me? Let's just say the last time we were intimate, things were awkward between us afterwards. Not to mention he keeps pushing me away and is distant towards me
    mama408

Comment by mama408 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010