Entertaining...Why doesn't anyone do it anymore?

On average, how many parties do you attend each month/year? Please include your age because you might be "of the age" that goes to lots of showers...

MeggieSwan

Asked by MeggieSwan at 5:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We used to have a lot of get togethers and parties before the kids. Lots of drinking and grilling out. Now we get together with family for kids' birthdays and holidays. I'm 37. I still have a girls' nite out every other month or so and make time for date night every couple of months, too. I do miss the larger groups, though.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm 40, and we have a dinner party about every two weeks. We have friends over informally probably once a week as well. We also host 3 "big" parties a year; to kick off summer, to close summer out, and a New Year's Eve party (which is themed with costumes!)

I love to entertain, which is good, because I'm one of the only people I know that does it!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• As a kid and teen we had extended family all the time for game nights....at least once a month. Now i'm 32 and only get together with family members on birthdays and holidays.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We are 27 and 29 and you can almost always bet there is a BBQ at our house each weekend. Huge families and since we have the youngest baby who likes to be at home, its always at our house. But its not a high class entertainment thing, its pretty country lol.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm a hermit...I like to keep to myself. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am 61 and we have friend gatherings at least once a month if not more.

Answer by older at 5:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I will be 23 tomorrow... and I only go to family and friends childrens birthday parties.... i would love it if people still "entertained" though.... how cute would it be if everyone still had dinner parties and friends over to play cards in the evening
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm 31 we usually get togther at someones house at least once a month- in the summer it may be more
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• im 25 and i dont go to any parties i only go to family get togethers...thats it....
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My Immediate family and us would get together every week if we all lived near to one another. However, I have two sisters living across the country, and my oldest sister and parents live two hours away. Therefore, we're not able to gather together that often.

DH's family lives all within a 15-30 mile radius of us and we rarely see any of them. One side of the family is hard to get in touch with, though most of them come to virtually anything we plan. The other side is unreliable and we can rarely get them to come to anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010