Who else had a child you dislikes doctors/nurses?

I was just thinking about how when ever my son sees someone in a white coat or scrubs how he completely freaks out. He has been like this since he was a newborn. My son is a major flirt. He flirts with EVERYONE. But as soon as he sees that man/woman in the white coat or scrubs he just starts to scream. LOL

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe its just the doctors you go to? I know my sons first like.. 6 mo? with doctors sucked. Everytime he saw one he screamed and freaked out. But it was because of how they were handling him. Alot of doctors have a habits of poking and pulling your child around without talking to them, or looking at them. They just look at you and talk to you while their hands are on them. It took us those 6 mo to find a doctor who actually spoke to my son and treated him like a person. Made sure she explained everything she was doing and smiled at him. It really made a difference in how he reacted. Now at almost 3 yo, he's excited everytime he gets to see "The pretty doctor"
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010