first signs

What were your first indications that you were going into labor? I am kind of in a waiting stage and I would love to hear your labor stories!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 5:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 5 days overdue, and I was just starting to get really uncomfortable. Couldn't sit for more than a few minutes, just wanted to get up and walk around.
    Called my doctor, she told me to come in so she could check me out, and I was already 4cm dilated without having felt any contractions! 12 hours later (and just half an hour of pushing!) our daughter was born!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My son turned out to be premature so I had no clue. I was really restless and uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep. When I finally fell asleep, I woke up and wasn't able to breathe for some reason? Never figured out what that was. It felt like an asthma attack or something. Then I just had slow cramping that I kept ignoring, thinking it was fake labor. I tried ignore it until I just couldn't sit still anymore, I had to start pacing. Only then did I think to go to the hospital. That all happened in about 6 hours for me. My son was born at 36 weeks.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Crampy and constipated. I thought I was constipated and keep going to the bath room
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Pain Pain Pain and More Pain...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Had a massive urge to get things done, silly stuff like weeding my garden, last bits of housework.....got all my jobs done, sat down to relax feeling very proud that I was ready for baby to come and my waters popped, actually heard them pop and had a massive gush so thank goodness I was at home and not andering round the shops lol. Went to my midwife led unit where they checked me over and said I wasn't in labour but the monitor was picking up contractions and apparently quite strong ones but I couldn't feel them as in pain, I could feel them if I touched my belly. Then a few hrs later I had perod like cramp which escalated and baby was born 14hrs after my waters went, 5 and half hours of proper labour tho.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2010