How can I take care of two kids while having two jobs and going to school?

I have a daughter who is almost 6mths old. I just found out I'm having another baby, which is due in April. I have one month to find my own place and get a vehicle. I'm about to start two different jobs and I'm starting school in Jan. Any advice?

kym_hester

Asked by kym_hester at 5:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish I could give you some. I'm in about the same boat and struggling to figure it out. I have an almost 3 yo boy and just found out I'm pregnant, due in may and the father bailed out when I refused to get an abortion. I work and go to school full time. I just keep repeating to myself that somehow, some way... this is all possible lol.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The daddy left me and moved to Georgia! Why do women have to be the ones so responsible! Why can't guys take a stand and help? Work and school! where's the time to raise a child much less two!
    kym_hester

Comment by kym_hester (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hmm move in with family? I have no real idea I suggest you think about public assistance.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Stay strong :) know that you're doing it for your kids, ask for help when possible, and like Kayere said know that it's possible! Also take needed breaks!
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 5:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Lol guys bail because they can. They don't have to stick around and be responsible. Best thing you can honestly do right now is what I am. Smile. Be happy! Get excited. Start looking at baby clothes. Think about having a newborn around again. Getting to pick out names BY YOURSELF. No drama. No fighting. After 2 weeks of the guy screaming at me to get an abortion.. a huge part of me was relieved when he dumped me and said he wanted nothing to do with it. If he can't grow up.. you dont need him around.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Get us much help as you can! Rely on family and friends to help where they can and stay strong! If it helps and the dads not around and dosen't pay child support you can go for tanf with the government. They will make him take responsibility. And if they know where he is and you need child care he will be made to pay for half of it. They will force him to pay child support though so if you want him out of your life or anything you would need to consider this thoroughly.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Take it one day at a time. Lean on family or friends for help and support! I'm sure when you put your mind to you will be fine! I can tell you are strong by your reply!! :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010