What is a good excuse?!

Seriously, ladies... PLEASE tell me what excuse a mother could possibly have for not putting her young child in a car without a carseat?? If someone could give me ONE good legitimate reason/excuse I would leave it alone. I have seen too many women lately driving around with toddlers walking around in the car and standing up while driving. Carseats are NOT that expensive.. and really who could put a price on a child's safety, anyway? I want to slap the taste out of the mouths of these women when I see this blantant stupididty and carelessness. So, if you're one of the ones lookin' for a good slap or know someone who is, what is your reason? And if it's that you can't afford one, inbox me your address and I'll send you the $50 you need to buy a carseat!

Bella0308

Asked by Bella0308 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• The only reason I could give you is because it is the Darwin theory. Kill off some stupid people so that the good genes live on.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• because the mother dont care..there is not good reason not to..
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Good job mommy! I would love to hear the excuse as well!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My husband and I hate nothing more than to see a child not buckled, whether its in a car seat or just in the seat in general. Even worse is when the parents are buckled! They have no right to be guardians of these children. UGH!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 5:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There isnt one.. It always frustrates me to see children out of their carseats.. even when its just in a parking lot. I will admit I did it once with my son though. He was premature and on medications that upset his stomach. We were pretty careful about not going too many places with him after we had a serious carseat scare. He had taken his meds that morning and we put him in the carseat to leave the health department, they had to watch us give it to him, and when we got back, he was choking on stuff in his throat. Like throw up but thicker and we couldnt clear it. He ended up turning blue and almost dying. After that, it made me too paraniod to put him in his carseat after his meds. I always thought he was choking. So one time I actually ended up holding him instead of putting him in his carseat because he kept throwing up. That was the worst drive of my life I was so scared we were going to get into an accident.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• the only time my DD is in the car but not in her car seat or wearing her seat belt is when we're parked. I've sat in a parking lot waiting for people & let her run around the car & I've gotten dirty looks, the car isn't even on!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think there is a reasonable excuse. Some people are just ignorant. Call the cops with the tag number of the cars when you see kids not restrained!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It is something that I don't understand either-- why would you risk your child's life when there are seats to keep them safe? My mil, hubs and I had a huge disagreement over car seats -- hubs and I refused to let her take our children anywhere without a proper car seat! Her excuse was "well back when my kids were little we did not have car seats. We just tossed them in the car and went". We stood firm, even told her we would lend her ours if she did not want to buy one and she did back down and use car seats.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You see THAT many people driving while their toddlers are roaming around the car? Where do you live??? I'd be on the phone to the authorities and turning them in. Idiots.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I hear you. I would NEVER drive with my son out of his car seat.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010