If you have been with the same man for two and a half years and he has cheated on you over and over again and when you try to discuss it with him and he gets mad and tells you he doesnt want to talk about it what would you think I love him and am having a hard time letting go of him I am so upset about this it is affecting my whole life I feel like the bottom has dropped out from under me I need some help as to what anybody else would do

crystal493

Asked by crystal493 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If he has cheated on you over and over again, he does not love you. Leave him.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you are dumb enough to stay knowing all that then you deserve what you get.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would kick his ass out. He's not wanting to work things out which shows how much he disrespects you. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. If he continues to cheat it shows is lack of commitment and respect. I would no longer let him use me as a door mat and to continue to tear my heart up. The heart can only take so much.
    You are better then this, get rid of him and find some real happiness mommy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm wondering how you found out that he has cheated on you over and over again? I myself feel that my husband has cheated also we have been married almost 24 years! Whenever I bring it up he denies it and tells me he never cheated! I still think he has but I choose to stay because we have been through so much together and we still are. He also tells me that he loves me! I have looked for clues of his cheating but I have never found any solid evidence. Have you?
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• As tough as it may be you really need to think about this and if you want to continue going through all of this. I wonder about your self esteem you deserve much better then this try some counseling
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• exactly what mommy_of_two388 said
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can love someone who is no good for you. People love alcoholics and addicts. That's no reason to stay in this relationship. Think with your head, not your heart. You WILL have a hard time letting go, but in the future you will be in a better place -- a place of self respect and self worth.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 5:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would recommend counseling. I have been married 28 yrs and cheated on. counseling for me has been great because it has given me the emotional health and strength to stand up for myself and to realize my worth. You are worth being treated like the love of his life. You are not alone in this lean on your female friends. Stay away from guy friends right now because u r vulnerable. If u r in church talk to your pastor. Have your husband watch Fireproof with u somenight. It opened up my husbands eyes and his heart. I will keep u in my prayers. U can contact me if you need to talk.
    jaknez

Answer by jaknez at 5:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i would have left him the first time....and this is only a 2 1/2 year relationship ? sorry, wouldn't put up with it..... ! and yes, there is plenty better out there.....i also wonder about your self esteem....i was there once...my self-esteem was nonexistant,...i went from cheating relationships to abusive ones....instead of dating, try doing something to boost your confidence ! I joined a gym and got fit, and can't tell you what it did for my confidence level....and my relationships !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Guess ya'll can't handle the truth. LOL. Its ok not my life.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010