What exercise video(s) would you recommend?

AliMom714

Asked by AliMom714 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm pretty happy with the Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Mine has 1, 2, 3 and 4 miles walks. No fancy steps to learn, just do the walking in front of the TV, some side steps and kicks.

Answer by Bmat at 5:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like pilates and dance routine videos. One is relaxing the other gets me pumped up for the day. It's a good balance.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I love all of the Turbo Jam workouts. I've been doing them for a few years and LOVE them, and they keep me in great shape :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Insanity! However, it is not for beginners! If you are out of shape at all or have knee or back issues, don't do it...
    I lost 12 lbs and 2" in 2 months, but I was at 130 when I started so I was already on the "smaller side" if you will.. I lost a lot less than Dh did.
    I'm starting round 2 next week as a matter of fact!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you are up for a VERY challenging work out, I'd suggest P90X or, as mentioned by Mcginnisc, Insanity. If I'm looking for a more mellow but very good strength workout, I have some random Yoga videos
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 10:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• www.flirtygirl.com
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ditto on Walk Away The Pounds
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since two people mentioned Walk Away the Pounds I was wondering what this entails... Do I need a treadmill? How do you walk for miles to a video?
    AliMom714

Comment by AliMom714 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have heard a lot of people talk about Insanity here lately
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010