my boyfriends cousin needs help so i came on here to ask please help..

he wanted to know if he takes his tongue ring out will it close up he has had it for a few years now? He has a white like ring around the bottom of his tongue where his tongue ring goes but its on his tongue he wants to know what that could be? I told him a ring worm ( i am not sure but thats what i just told him) lol i know thats mean but he wanted my advice and thats all i could think of. Can you please answer and no bashing he just needs to know what it could be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• I have my tounge pierced and i can take it out for days at a time with out it closing up.....the white ring could be plaque build up. i have had mine done for 10 years. but never got a white ring but i take it out regularly and clean it.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had the white ring too, it's just from not cleaning it correctly, nothing major. If he's had it in for a few years it shouldn't close up too fast.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It shoudln't close up too fast. Just tell him not to try putting it back in in the morning directly after waking up-your tongue swells at night, and it will hurt like heck putting it back in. The white ring is probably what other posters have said- plaque build up. just brush it real well, and use mouth wash.. I tried to take my tongue ring out at least once a week and soak it in mouth wash for about fifteen minutes. It definitely helps to keep that from building up.
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 2:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008