in the hospital w preeclampsia

Right now I had a reading of 140 over 91 and my norm is 110 over 60 I have the head ache but it went down to 130 over 82 I still feel bad about to do blood and urine check they said they might keep me what are the chance of them keeping me has anyone else had this I have mthfr which predisposes me to it but if its came down once it could come down and stay right?

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how far are you? blood pressure generally elevates gradually over time in a pregnancy, with it being the worst toward the end (if it is going to rise, that is). my blood pressure was much higher than yours and i was never hospitalized until i was 38 weeks and induced because it was at life-threatening levels (170/110). depending on how far you are, how high it gets, the results of your tests, bases the decision whether they will keep you or not. they will probably watch you closely and keep checking it for a while and if it lowers they will probably send you home. good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I know I won't be induced but I guess its high enough for them to call it preeclamsia and they want to keep it from going up so they're talking about keeping me my sister had it and was also induced imediatley at 38 wks so I can see why w numbers so high they said the bottom is more of a concern and if my norm is lower than the average persons norm than high for me is less than for someone else I'm 36 weeks and 2 days waiting on blood work and urine my face is bright red and I still have the headache hopefully I wnt get stuck here I'm glad my number is a lot less than yours bc hopefully it means ill go home thanks for your input:)
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My blood pressure was 141 over 89 when I was at the doctor's on Friday and he didn't put me in the hospital. I also had preeclampsia with my first and my doctor was going to induce me with my son at 36weeks but I ended up with placenta aburption at 35 weeks and had a emergency c section on the operating table my blood pressure was 200/135 so lets just say listen to whatever the doctors do say to do.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i agree with deegansmomma08
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yea I'm on bed rest if I go in Friday and its still up I go on hospital bedrest the thing is I have a 3 yr old and no help I came home to a fight and a dirty house my husband doesn't understand preeclampsia
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Pre-eclampsia is very dangerous. I would just listen to the Doctor. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010