Depo shot and pregnancy adult content

I got the depo shot a couple of months back after two miscarriage. Now we've decided to try getting pregnant again. Does anyone know how long it could take for the effects of the depo to to wear off completely? I read somewhere that it can take up to a year but is that still true after just one shot? And does anyone know what could cause miscarriage?

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the person. It can sometimes take up to a year
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No one knows what causes miscarriages mama, it's just something that happens and cant be prevented. Even the healthiest women have miscarriages.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i've always heard a yr but know ppl that it didnt take them that long.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I THINK (not for sure) if you only had one shot, it should basically be out of your system shortly after the 3 month cycle. Like everything else, though, every woman is different with it.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thank you all for your help. I think i might call the clinic and see if they know for sure but your answers have given me hope!
    mamatobe1989

Comment by mamatobe1989 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010