If you're prolife, are you on birth control?

Do you feel it's the same as abortion?

I SAW THIS QUESTIONS IN A GROUP SO IT'S NOT MY OWN. I WAS JUST CURIOUS ON WHAT YOU LADIES WOULD HAVE TO SAY.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no, cuz you're not killing the baby. You're preventing it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i am pro life. 100% against abortion. i am on birth control because i just had a baby daughter an i know that we would not financially be able to support another. bc prevents you from ovulating so you're not actually killing a baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i personally believe life begins when there's a heartbeat, which i believe is 15 days after conception? so no, in my opinion birth control is not the same as abortion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm pro life and getting my tubes tied... I don't really understand that whole birthcontrol being the same as an abortion... I mean, what are we supposed to do? get like China?
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No i'm not, because although 95% of the time it prevents pregnancy 5% of the time it terminates a pregnancy after it occurs. My doctor informed me of it when i went in to get the pill. So my husband and I educate ourselves on my cycle and we do the pull out method and the rhythm method. (although currently I'm pregnant so it doesn't even really pertain to me right now, but after the baby is born it will pertain again)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If it is hormonal BC it does not prevent the egg and sperm from coming together, it prevents it from attaching to the uterine wall. In turn if you believe that once the egg and sperm meet it is a baby I hope you are not on BC because it will be the same!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not even close to the same thing. You can't abort what never was.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Birth control pills prevent implantation therefore there was is no pregnancy
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes, I am pro-life and no I am not on BC. We have used NFP for 6 years and works fine for us. Although it wouldn't be devastating if we got pregnant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am prolife and I used the pill before having a partial hysterectomy. IMO, it is nowhere near the same as abortion.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010