SIDS Question

I recently heard on my local news that 50% of SIDS deaths happen on a weekend. And that more SIDS deaths happen on January 1st than any other day of the year. They were attributing that to partying by the parents. Either drinking or smoking, they didn't mention illegal drugs.

Does anyone have any links to study like this?? I'm very interested in learning more, but I couldn't find anything on my local news site.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Where are you located, maybe I can help find it for you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The news channel I saw it on is www.kptv.com. I found many SIDS related articles, but not any on the story that I saw.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've never heard of that. That is horrible though! :(
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There was a girl I went to school with, she was a couple grades behind me. Well she was breastfeeding one night when she was drunk and smothered her baby when she passed out on it. I know it was in the news, and she went to prison for it. Not sure what the charges were. That's just one situation where I know for sure drugs/alcohol had something to do with it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010