Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I marry this african guy and he left the country the very next day to return which he never did but sent me a message that i should divorce him what can i do

Answer Question

Asked by pow109 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • WOW, I guess since he left you just get an annulment that way it looks like your marriage never took place and make sure he doesn't get a green card for marrying you. I'm sorry mama. Have you asked him what's going on?

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • call a lawyer!

    Answer by Darla47 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • divorce him... why would you want to be with someone that doesn't love you?

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Did he do it for a green card? You can very easily get the marriage annulled.

    Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • He do not answer my calls and i heard he was married

    Comment by pow109 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Wow, how long did you know this person? Do whatever necessary to get out. Try to get all the facts together and take it from there.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 6:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • call a lawyer or attorney they will be better to assist you... I'm sorry you have to deal with this... GL!

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Contact an attorney and share all the details/entire story with them.

    An attorney can determine: if the marriage is legal & valid (if he is married to another woman, it most likely will be declared invalid) the proper channels to file for an international divorce (the divorce laws in the country in which your husband recides/is a citizen of will also need to be taken into account).., what your rights are in regards to a divorce..etc..etc.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 6:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Annullment should be rather easy to get for this.

    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • what kind of sh*t is that? i would definately get a lawyer involved

    Answer by mymommasgirl at 8:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.