What do I do if I bought something on ebay and viewed the tracking numberand it said it got here today at 1? I was gone but it was not delivered....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• They should have left a slip with a phone number on it. Call the delivery company, whether it was UPS or postal service and ask. They always have to track EVERYTHING they deliver.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 9:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• OH!! There was once before we built a garage that UPS left a package in our carport and covered it with a box we had sitting out there. About a week later I still hadn't found it and called and they told me where to look cause the delivery guy had made a note on the tracking slip...
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 9:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I dont know anytime we have done it they left it at the door.
    Anonymous

• the same thing I would do if it was relative that was sending me a package, or it was something I bought at amazon, walmart, target, .com.... call the shipper!!!!

Tell the shipper you've tracked the package and it said it was deliver but that you don't have it. It's NOT the sellers fault!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I used to manage a UPS Store and this was suprisingly common, all you have to do is call UPS tell them the tracking number, your problem and they will do the investigaton for you. It may take a few days for them to find it, but they usually do. Good luck. Messge me if you have any questions I maybe able to help.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree to call the shipper. Also check in strange places. UPS left one of our packages in one of our cars that was unlocked once. I didn't find it for several days.
    kymbernv

Answer by kymbernv at 11:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If the tracking number starts with 1z call 1-800-pickups 1-800-742-5877. I used to do thier customer service, if they cannot tell you what happened they will advise you to call the shipper (ebay person you bought it from) and they will have to call ups to start a tracer on the package, they cannot start it for the receiver. If the tracking number starts with a 9 it is the postal service. If it starts with anything else you may want to try Fedex or DHL.
    glenndurant

Answer by glenndurant at 2:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• double check that address! This happened to me once, and the seller had transposed the last 2 numbers of our address, and it ended up at a neighbors house! I randomly happened to notice the address because i was trying to figure out how it was delivered when i was at home and i didnt get it!! lol
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 4:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008