do any of you feel mad at yourself if you can not conceive a child?

my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant after i had my first son and now i can not what do you think can help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I know I got upset. I had no problem when I conceived my first son with my first husband, but 8 years later, when my second husband and I tried to conceive it wasn't happening. After a year and a half we decided to go to the doctor. They wanted my husband tested first as I had a child before. He got the name of a doctor, but before he could go to the appointment, I became pregnant.

I would go to the doctor to make sure nothing is wrong
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sometimes it takes patience. After my boys daddy and I parted, a couple years later he married again and they tried to 2-3 years. Poor thing, she was so worried! But, when I sent my oldest to live with his dad (I felt he needed his dad at that time...age 11), they were so focuses on him that they stopped trying so hard. Lo and behold in no time at all she got pregnant! Had a beautiful baby girl. Not long after that, they had a beautiful baby boy. My son came back home when he reached the teens, but he was glad to have 2 new additions. It will happen, I just bet you.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i have gone already and they said were both fine so i dont know what to do next help
    sadmom14

Answer by sadmom14 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• First I say relax I got all stressed out and depressed about not getting pregnant. We tried for 2 yrs when we were living in NC but then we moved back to FL and within 5 mths I was pregnant. That was with my now ex-husband, with my boyfriend we weren't really trying we just were not using bc and within about 8 mths I was pregnant. I know its hard when it is something you really want but just try to relax and it will happen.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 7:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• relax and get away for a weekend, just the two of you.. nothing else in mind but the two of you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have unexplained secondary infertility. Well, that's what my first RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) said. The one I have now is AMAZING and agreed with me that it was the result of cervical surgery. I had my IUI yesterday. Anyway, the point is to GET A SECOND OPINION

But, yes, I have had times where I was upset with myself for not being able to conceive with this great man, when I got so easily with my son's sperm donor.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010