Soy Cheese?

Have you found that most soy cheese has milk protein??? What's the point? Is it the same as having dairy? My DS (2 1/2) has had stomach pains for a few weeks and the Dr. asked I cut all dairly from his diet for a week. Easier said than done since that's ALL he eats...uug! ANyway, what dairy free alternatives do your toddlers like?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Most soy does have milk protein in it. The only way to find a safe cheese is to find a vegan cheese. Most health food stores or places like Whole Foods will have it. We used to buy some for our son. I can't remember the name of it, sorry. It's a little pricey, but well worth it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I make nacho sauce to dip veggies in that is soy and dairy and gluten free: sweet potato and nutritional yeast blended with a little water and spices.

Daniellecooks.wordpress.com

The recipe is on my site.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Isn't tofu pretty much soy cheese? It's made exactly the same way cheese is but is using soy milk instead of cow's milk. O_o;;
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 2:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2010