what to do about my 20th month old daughter?

My daughter is 20th month old daughter gets into every thing and dose not lisen to me and i do not know what to do.. she was never like this befor..

Nicky89

Asked by Nicky89 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son just turned 21 months old and all I can say is to find a punishment that seems to work and stick with it. They are trying our boundaries with all that they know to do. Its very frustrating I know, but continue to follow through with what you have been doing or choose to do. Consistency is the key to helping your toddler know when you mean your serious about something.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thanks i will try it out..
    Nicky89

Comment by Nicky89 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a 2 yr old boy and he does the same. I suggest that u count to 10 and just talk to him punishment does not really work
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This is completely normal and at that age they only understand to a point and they arent reasoning well yet but it is the age where consistancy comes in, they understand things such as firm tones "No, dont touch that" and whatever type of discipline you decide to go with if they continue to do so, we used the pack and play alot for that........if she continued to do what she was told not to she was removed from whatever it was and whatever she was doing and put into the pack and play for a few minutes it doesnt take long for them to realise thats whats going to happen if they continue on, if your consistant with it that is.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• terrible 2's. this too shall pass.
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 2:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2010