Moms, where do you find out about local events and activities?

I have a website where I have a list of local events, activities, and other resources in my local area. I am trying to get my website out there to moms in my area so that they know that they can go to this website and find lots of resources. I am thinking about trying several different advertisements but I want to use the most effective ones as much as possible. So, I was curious to see what types of the following do you use and which ones you think would be most effective - newspaper ads, local magazine ads, craigslist, couponbooks, Coffee News, moms groups, anything else?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our school district has monthly newsletters that come home. They allow local businesses owners to run ad (very small ads). They do this to generate a little money for our Home & School Association. See if your district allows this. The other thing they have is what they call the E-Friday Folder. It's a website where alot of local charity events are posted, local activities for the kids, upcoming local events. Something else you may want to look into is getting a flyer sent home with all the kids in school and getting it right into the moms' hands. Talk to the principal and see if he/she would be willing to allow you to do this - mention you would list their events on your website (may help!!).
    hwahl

Answer by hwahl at 7:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Very good idea! Thanks!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A publication called Toledo Area Parent, it is free.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010