child care question

I occasionally use a baby sitter for date nights. She is awesome! I love her. I was wondering if you would get your baby sitter a Christmas gift, & if so, how much would you spend or what would you get her?

Also, I watch a little girl in my home 3 days a week, should I get her & her family a gift too? How much to spend? what to get?

Thanks!

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it would be sweet of you to gift her a gift. Something small like a card and a $25 AMEX gift card so she can spend it how she likes. For the little girl's family, I would give them a greeting card.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 7:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It would be nice to get them gifts. That is something that everyone appreciates. You could get the babysitter a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure. Or you could give her an extra $20 when she sits for you around christmas. You could get the girl a toy you know she would like, or a movie. You don't need to spend more than $15 - 20. I wouldn't get the girl's family anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For Christmas, I gave my son's sitter a gift card to a store she frequents. She gave my son a small toy.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Maybe a card to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts if you know the sitter goes there. If you get the little girl something I would keep it simple and inexpensive. I don't think you need to get the parents anything. No more than $10 in each case...........JMO
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For the babysitter, I would get her something nice. As for the little girl, I would get her something small and maybe a nice card for her parents.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You might give the babysitter a gift card or just some money (so she can get something she likes). I'd say $20-30 should be enough.
    For the little girl I'd just give her something small like a baby doll or something else she likes.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think that getting your babysitter a little gift is so sweet!!!!
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 2:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thanks AshlyN. I feel so lucky to have her, she is a great provider!
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010