Does your daughter have overnight period accidents? Mine did, but not anymore!!

I'm new to cafemom.com and just wanted to share something I recently discovered. I have an 11 year daughter that has a very heavy period and she would continually have accidents while she was sleeping. I tried everything - all the tricks we have all learned along the way. After many stressful mornings, and loads of sheets and mattress pads, I discovered this thing online called "The Other PMS - Period Mattress Saver". Their website is www.Happy-Morning.com. Basically it's an ultra thin pad that she sleeps on (one side is cotton and the other is a waterproof type of material) and it has completely stopped the sheet stains. From one mom to another, I just wanted to pass this along. It would have been nice if something like this was available while we were growing up!!

hwahl

Asked by hwahl at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• There was a time where we could buy a full panty and pull it over our regular ones with the bad. It prevented the stains from spreading. They pulled these off the shelves for some odd ball reason. I used hospital pads after that. It is good to know there is another product out there. Appreciate your sharing.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Poor kiddo. Mine were heavy like that too. I started wearing tampons fairly early at night on for that every reason. BCP @ age 15 because I was sooo anemic and we had to shut off the faucet. At 32 mine are still like that if I go off of BCP. Hopefully she will grow out of it and have a more normal flow at some point.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you could try a birth control to help her with it and the divacup or another menstrual cup. amazing!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thats good to know...omg my period is horrible i always sleep with the extra super tampons and set my alarm for every 2 hrs so that i don't wake up in a bloody mess...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had the same problem when I was younger, my mom took me to a dr and birth control pill helped sooooo much.
    I had period cramping so bad I would miss school the first 2 days of my period every month. I was always afraid at school that I would leak thru and be embarassed. I suffered for 2 years before I told my mom just how bad it was, I wish it would have been hepled sooner.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not sure if I'm really to make the leap to birth control just yet. She just seems so young for that (she's still my baby girl). As far as a menstrual cup, I can't even get her to use a tampon yet. I've explained to her how it really would help her with all her accidents. I even talk to her doctor about and she said not to push it - she'll let you know when she's ready. Her ready?? Doc I'm so ready. I feel like I'm back to the diaper stage. Wow - cafemom is awesome. Thanks for all the support!
    hwahl

Comment by hwahl (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My girls aren't old enough yet. But I used to have the problem all the time. Then I got a tip from here, actually from a question in regards to post-partum bleeding - I now use a baby diaper for my overnights. No leaks, no underwear stains, nothing - I'd be embarassed to sleep on a pad like that. If my girls have troubles like me I'll break out the diapers for them too.
    Anonymous

• To Anonymous - please don't offense to this, but I think I would be more embarrassed to put a diaper on than to sleep on a pad. If I was to approach my 11 year old about putting a diaper on, she'd tell me I'm nuts. Think kids have spend enough time in diapers.
    hwahl

Comment by hwahl (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Awesome.

WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• im 35 a new mom--i use those pads[ they also look like the dog training pads] i use pepto-4 cramps-pms pills and heating pad 4 my belly--
    barb09

Answer by barb09 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010