UGH!! How do you deal with your Dh's insane ex?

We want to get family pictures taken and won't let their DD come be in the pictures because I'm not her mom" And it would hurt her feelings for her daughter to be in family pictures with me?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd just do it on a day or weekend I had the child if that were me. I just told and kept telling my dh's ex off til she got the hint. I even put a restraining order on her she's a bitch from hell.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That is selfish! You are now apart of that little girl's life. She is selfish and not thinking about her daughter and how left out she would feel not being in the family portrait. Just take the pictures and don't tell her. That simple...
    Your SO needs to check her on her attitude too. The kids are what matters most not the adults. She has to put her feelings aside and grow up.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 7:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• In all sincerity, just leave it to her to do the picture taking decisions with her own children for now, it's not your concern to push too far. Who are you to need to make drama and this is drama that doesn't belong with you or her. Please for the sake of the child let the mom do this. You aren't kidding anyone, and it makes you look controlling.
    Anonymous

• To Anon, her DD IS a part of OUR family whether she likes it or not. I don't think it's controlling to want to include her when the rest of the kids will be in them. I think SHE is the one who is not thinking "for the sake of the child" NOT me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just take a picture and don't let the ex know about it even though the dd will mention it but that would be after the fact...next time don't say nothing about nothing just do it. GL You be the civil one...always
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Get her for a visit and get the photos taken. Don't tell the bitch and she won't know. Who cares if she approves?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• What an odd response from the anon poster. Do you know the OP? If you, the OP, is in the girl's life, and you are family now, then take the pictures when the child is with you. I can understand why it may be hurtful for the mom but I personally think she should be happy that her daughter has people in her life that love her and consider her family.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010