asherman's syndrome

hey :)

does anyone else have this syndrome or know more about it? i have been diagnosed with it and my husband and i are very confused as to why, given the reasons why most women have this. ????

we hope to conceive in a few months, what are our chances and options? doctors are saying surgery.. we meet with a fertility doctor in 2 weeks to get a second opinion.

thanks.

mharleyghal

Asked by mharleyghal at 7:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am familiar with the issue, even though I personally have not had it. I am a repeat miscarrier so it was always a worry anytime you upset your endometrial lining once, let alone 3 times. Its most often caused my an over-aggressive d/c and the lining gets scraped too thin. It is "fixable" but you want to make sure that who you are working with has experience with it, so they don't again scrape to deep and leave you in the same predicament afterwards. i would ask how many times have they done surgery to correct it. Good luck!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thanks for the reply!! i actually have never been pregnant or have had any surgeries. i went in to get a polyp removed and come to find out it was a mass of scar tissue. very scary. i dont know where this came from and why its there but its blocking everything. :( i guess we have to wait and see what the fertility doctor says after he sees the pictures. i'm turning 24 next month and its so weird having this and not knowing why its there and the amount of it is beyond crazy.. but i will be sure to ask all the questions i can. in fact i will make a list. good luck to you as well and thanks again.
    mharleyghal

Comment by mharleyghal (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010