Do your kid(s) only watch age appropriate shows??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 7:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. He was watching whatever he wanted with the exception of porn or someone shooting themselves in the head.

I watched with him and explained and answered any and all questions. I do NOT believe in sheltering. I believe in working with them for a better understanding of the world and life. I don't want them to never have seen or heard of things and then be bombarded out of my sight without my guidance.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I WISH he'd let me watch what I wanted to watch! But when he's around, I either have to turn off the tv, or listen to "GabbaBarneyWigglesBob" over and over again until I put on one of those shows, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No, my kids watch a lot of adult shows. They are 4 and 6, and the important thing is that I watch with them, and help them interpret and understand what they are seeing.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No because she needs to learn the difference between fantasy and reality. Now, I don't let her watch gorey movies or movies with blatant sex acts but nudity and mild violence are not a big deal to me.

Since I grew up watching MASH and Rambo...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, it depends. sometimes they like to watch grown up shows (not bad ones, just ones i didn't think kids would be interested in like home makeover shows or cooking shows). but i try to make them look at age-appropriate cartoons (sometimes they look at a couple of the 'teen' cartoons, but it's nothing bad on there anyway, just stuff that doesn't really usually interest little kids). don't want them looking at any of my (m rated lol) cartoons.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LOL @ "GabbaBarneyWigglesBob"...Hahahahahahaha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes, usually either Nick Jr, Sprout or morning Disney shows (like the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). But I do let him watch Garfield and Spongebob too and "Chum Chum" (I forgot the actual name of the show, but that's what he calls it).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My son is a year oldand he hardly watches t.v but when he does it's to shows we have on t.v...my fav degrassi some cartoons some appropriate and some not (family guy) but he's to young to understand anyways so it doesnt matter right now
    MilFmaMa10

Answer by MilFmaMa10 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LOL My oldest did!
    I was horrified when she was in pre-school and one of the kids was talking about Hanna Montana.
    Then it hit me, my 1 year old was watching Phineas and Ferb! Obviously the pre-schoolers talking about Hanna Montana had older siblings. lol
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There are times they watch some of the teen shows, well my 9 year old. My 3 year old doesn't watch much tv. But he watches Spongebob and some of the more distasteful shows like Might B when I'm not monitoring closely!(I hate that show lol).although I encourage Etv as much as possible!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010